The 2018 Buck Contest will be here in no time! You must be registered before the start of the contest for your division. To be eligible for all divisions, contestants must pay registration fee for all three. The cost to enter is $5 per division, per person.
PA Archery- September 29th-November 10th
PA Firearms- November 26th-December 8th
Out of State Archery Only- September 1st-November 30th
Please stop in store to register and provide payment anytime during our normal business hours.
100% payout- top 3 scoring bucks will determine winners.
- 1st place- 50% payout
- 2nd place- 30% payout
- 3rd place- 20% payout
*Plus anyone who enters the Buck Contest will be put into a drawing for a $100 gift card!
*All prizes are paid in the form of a Kinsey’s Outdoors gift card*
- Antlers will be scored based on current Boone & Crocket and Pope & Young scoring systems by Kinsey’s Outdoors staff.
- Winners based on the total gross score of antlers.
- Once measured, all scores are considered final.
- All out-of-state bucks will be judged against one another, regardless of the state the deer was taken.
- PA deer are only judged against other PA deer.
- Contestants must be registered before the start of the contest for your division. To be eligible for all divisions, contestants must pay $5 registration fee for all three.
- Contestants must be legally licensed to hunt in PA or in the state of harvest for the out-of-state division.
- Contestants must obey all applicable game laws, seasons & bag limits (antler restrictions, tags, equipment use, etc.)
- PA divisions are limited to PA hunting seasons and native, wild PA deer only (no pen raised animals or out-of-state animals will be accepted). Out-of-state division is open to legal harvest of wild deer in states other than PA.
- Deer must be brought to Kinsey’s for scoring purposes within 5 days of the close of either season for each PA division & by December 5th for out-of-state division.
- Antlers or deer must have antlered deer tag attached & all information must be appropriately filled out.
- Deer taken during the statewide firearms season with a vertical bow or crossbow will be entered in the firearm division.
- Scoring based on B&C and P&Y scoring systems only.
- Gross antler score will determine winners.
- Antlers will be scored by Kinsey’s Outdoors staff during normal business hours.
- Antlers may need to be left at Kinsey’s Outdoors in order to be scored due to store business or any other variables.
- If a contestant argues the first score, a second staff member may re-score the antlers in question; once measured, the total of BOTH gross scores will be averaged to determine the final score-set of antlers may only be re-scored once.
- Tie breaker will be the spread count of each buck; second tie breaker will be the length of the longest main beam (tie breakers used among potential 1st place bucks in PA divisions).
- Kinsey’s Outdoors reserves the right to disqualify any deer entered into the contest for any reason.